1. Wellington Phoenix Football Club
1.1 Welnix LP trading as Wellington Phoenix FC of Level 1, The Woolstore, 258-262 Thorndon Quay, Wellington is a football club that competes in the Hyundai A-‐league (referred to in this policy as we, us, our and the Club). The Club is committed to managing your information in a secure and responsible manner.
1.2 When you provide us with personal information, we are obliged to comply with the provision of the Privacy Act 1993 (the Act). We will collect, hold, use and disclose that information in accordance with the principles set out in the Act.
1.3 This Policy sets out the ways in which the Club collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information.
2. Your Personal Information
2.1 In the course of its operations, the Club may collect, hold, use and disclose the personal information of players, ticket holders, administrators, participants and other individuals for the purpose of contacting you and ensuring that the services the Club delivers are suitable to your needs as further described in the remainder of this Policy. In each case, the precise nature of the collection, holding, use and disclosure of personal information by the Club depends on the services you request and receive from, and your interaction with, the Club.
2.2 The personal information held by the Club may include your name, address, phone numbers, email address, date of birth, gender, occupation and social media details. Depending on the services you receive from the Club, the Club may also collect and hold details of about your participation history, membership history as well as your credit card information, and details of the items ordered or purchased from the Club.
When you provide the Club with personal information, this Policy will apply to the manner in which the information is collected, used, disclosed and stored by the Club. If you chose not to provide certain personal information, the Club may not be able to communicate with you. It may also affect the Club’s ability to provide you with the products and services you require. For example, you may not be able to register as a member of the Club or participate in some of the activities on the Club network of websites (including www.wellingtonphoenix.com and any related websites which link directly to this Policy (collectively, the Club Sites)) if you do not provide certain personal information.
3. Collecting Your Personal Information
3.1 Personal information about you may be collected by the Club from you or from a third party. The Club uses forms, online portals and other electronic or paper correspondence to collect this information.
3.2 For example, the Club may collect personal information from you:
- via the Club Sites;
- when you provide it to the Club by filling in forms approved by the Club from time to time;
- when you contact the Club
- when you engage with the Club via social media;
- when you subscribe to receive Club related newsletters or other information; or
- when you enter a competition that involves or is, being conducted by, or on behalf of, the Club.
3.3 The Club may also collect personal information about you from third parties, including:
- from ticketing agents and event organisers, when you purchase tickets to a football related event;
- from vendors, when you purchase a Club membership package or Club related merchandise;
- Club corporate partners, licensees, sponsors, suppliers and broadcasters (Club Partners);
- your representatives;
- FFA, or an FFA Member Federation, association, club and/or a competition administrator registered with FFA from time to time (Football Administrators);
- NZ Football and its Member Federations; and
- the organisations identified under section 5 (Disclosing Your Personal Information) below.
4. Using Your Personal Information
4.1 The Club may use the personal information collected about you in a variety of ways, including:
- to verify your identity;
- to organise, conduct and promote Club matches, programs and other events (including for the purpose of distributing newsletters, providing information and making ticket offers);
- to develop programs, activities, events, products, services and merchandise relating to the Club;
- to provide you with information about our products and services, including information about tickets, merchandise and special offers, or which we reasonably believe may be of interest to you;
- to investigate and take action in the event that applicable laws or regulations are breached, including terms of admission and codes of conduct;
- to carry out market research and surveys;
- to contact you if you win a prize in a competition you have entered and to send the prize to you;
- to administer, manage and improve the Club Sites and to provide you with access to those Club Sites;
- to ensure that content from the Club Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of a Club Site, when you choose to do so;
- for direct marketing communications from the Club in relation to products, services, tickets, merchandise and special offers made available by the Club or our respective Club Partners;
- where permitted by the Club, to enable Club Partners who have a relationship with the Club to market and promote their products and services to you; and
- any use that is reasonably apparent at the time the information is collected.
5. Disclosing Your Personal Information
5.1 The Club may also share your personal information with third parties in relation to the operation of the
Club's business including:
- the Club’s related bodies corporate;
- Football Administrators;
- Fédération Internationale de Football Association and its members, including the Asian Football Confederation;
- Sport and Recreation New Zealand (known as Sport New Zealand) and the New Zealand Olympic Committee;
- third party service providers, such as ticketing agents and IT providers;
- Club insurers;
- Club professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- as required or authorised by law or where we have a public duty to do so, including for purposes of safety and security;
- where you have consented to your personal information being disclosed to others;
6. Club Sites, Cookies and Other Technologies
6.1 If you visit a Club Site, the Club may record information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, the Club Site pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information is used for statistical, reporting and website administration and maintenance purposes, including identifying usage trends, to track users’ movements around the Club Sites and to gather demographic information about the users collectively.
6.2 Like many other websites, the Club Sites may use ‘cookies’ from time to time. A cookie is a pi information that allows us to identify and interact more effectively with your device. The cookie helps the Club to maintain the continuity of your browsing session and remember preferences when you return. You can configure your web browser software to reject cookies however some parts of the Club Sites may not have full functionality in that case.
6.4 When we send you emails or other electronic messages, the Club may record where you open the message and click on particular links to helps us to better understand what information is of interest.
7. Protecting your personal information
7.1 The Club takes the security of personal information seriously.
7.2 The Club takes reasonable steps to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. The Club has directed its staff that personal information must be dealt with in accordance with this Policy and kept secure from unauthorised access or disclosure.
7.3 If you are considering sending us any personal information through a Club Site or other electronic means, please be aware that the information may be insecure in transit, particularly where no encryption is used (e.g. email, standard HTTP). Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once the Club has received your personal information, the Club will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within its direct control from unauthorised access.
7.4 Where the Club has given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of a Club site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share the password with anyone and should change it regularly.
8. Disclosing Your Personal Information Abroad
8.1 The Club will store personal information on data servers that are controlled by the Club and are located within the geographical borders of New Zealand where reasonably possible. However, in some circumstances the personal information that the Club collects may be disclosed to certain recipients and stored at certain destinations, located outside New Zealand or Australia from time to time. For example, your personal information may be transferred outside of New Zealand if any of the Club’s servers from time to time are located outside New Zealand or if one of the Club’s service providers or suppliers is located in a country outside New Zealand. The Club may also disclose your person information outside of New Zealand in accordance with section 5 (Disclosing Your Personal Information).
8.2 In all cases, by providing your personal information to us or using our services, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information outside New Zealand or Australia as set out in this Policy, and acknowledge that the Club is not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle your personal information in compliance with New Zealand or Australian privacy law. However, where practicable in the circumstances, the Club will take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients use and disclose such personal information in a manner consistent with this Policy. You may have rights to enforce such parties' compliance with applicable data protection laws, but you may not have recourse against those parties under the Act in relation to how those parties treat your personal information.
9. Access to and Correction of your Personal Information
9.1 The Club takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the personal information that the Club collects, holds, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends on the information you provide. The Club recommends that you let us know if there are any errors in your personal information and keeps us up to date with change to your personal information such as your contact details.
9.2 You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you (where it is held in such a way that it can readily be retrieved), and can request the correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you would like to do so, please contact the Club at email@example.com to submit an enquiry to access the personal information the Club holds about you.
9.3 If you provided your personal information via a Club Site, you can also update your personal information at any time by logging onto the relevant Club Site and submitting the updated information or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Opting Out of Direct Marketing Communications
10.1 You can opt out of receiving direct marketing, further messages or communications from the Club at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in the message sent to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from any other direct marketing materials or communications the Club sends you, you can also send a request to unsubscribe by contacting the Club using the details in paragraph 12.1.
11. Changes To This Policy
11.1 We may modify, alter or otherwise update this Policy at any time by publishing the new version of the Policy on the Club Sites. We will indicate any changes by updating the date of this Policy. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact the Club using the details in paragraph 12.1.
12. Contacting the Club and Making Complaints
12.1 You may contact the Club by emailing email@example.com or Club Privacy Matters, Wellington Phoenix FC, 258-262 Thorndon Quay, Wellington.
12.2 You may complain about our collection, storage, use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting the Club using the contact details above with your full name and contact details, together with a detailed description of the complaint. We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of time and inform you of the next steps we will take in dealing with your complaint. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, we will inform you of the steps available to you in those circumstances.