Youth Development Coach - Academy
Report to: Academy Director
Wellington Phoenix FC Academy is looking for a Youth Development Coach to join the team. The successful applicant will play a crucial role in the development of the new generation of talent at the Wellington Phoenix Academy. The includes all-year round programmes encompassing the league competition, tournaments and friendlies throughout the winter and summer seasons.
The role is full-time, offering a competitive salary and benefits and our Academy Head Office is based at the new Ricoh Centre, Fraser Park, Lower Hutt.
- Implementation and coaching of the Wellington Phoenix Methodology and provide detailed session plans that align with the WPM.
- Player identification and recruitment of new Academy Players in the Youth Development Programme (YDP)
- Assist in the management of the Academy culture and environment that creates an optimal learning environment for players.
- Keep updated on the latest youth development research.
- Head Coach of the Lower Hutt City U16 Team during winter competition and for all additional friendly matches played as Phoenix Academy U16’s throughout the year.
- Assistant Coach for the National Youth League or National League during summer and for pre-arranged friendly matches played throughout the year.
- Design and implement a comprehensive periodised training programme for the team where you are appointed as Head Coach.
- Take a lead role in the implantation and running of Phoenix ID Camps in the school holidays.
- Conduct bi-annual player reviews for the YDP to include parents and present specific IPP’s to help with individual development.
- Closely manage all expenditure and ensure expenditure does not exceed the pre-agreed annual Academy budget.
REQUIREMENTS OF CANDIDATES
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative/Inclusive approach to problem solving
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Exceptional standards and high attention to detail
- OFC A License (or equivalent)
- Junior Level 3 Coaching License (or equivalent)
- Broad local and international football knowledge
- Experience in football coaching and management of NZ Football
- Understanding of Talent ID
To apply or for more information: Please send a CV and one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Academy Director, Paul Temple here.
Closing date: Sunday 18th August 2019
Only successful applications will be contacted for an interview by Tuesday 20th August 2019.
The club receives applications every week for work experience but it is rare for the club to be able to offer work experience to fans and members of the public.
If you would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the club will keep all details on record should an opportunity arise.