Hours: Full time, permanent role (flexible availability required)
Report to: Head of Commercial
Our mission is to be a financially sustainable football club, and to grow the Wellington Phoenix brand through continued development, innovation and commitment for the on-going enjoyment of the people of New Zealand.
Wellington Phoenix FC are looking for a full time, permanent, Commercial Executive to join our growing team within the sports industry.
The Commercial Executive will work closely with the Head of Commercial to manage the key functions of account management, budgeting, financial analysis and relationship management of key commercial partners.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in account / relationship management;
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating & managing partner relationships;
- Articulate – strong verbal & written communication skills with experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word & Excel);
- Organisation & Flexibility – strong project management skills, time management skills & ability to manage conflicting priorities within short timeframes;
- Able to present yourself in a confident and professional manner in a high-pressured environment;
- Ability to work with limited direct management but still work to the highest quality;
- Ambitious to make a difference for the benefit of the club, partners and personal professional career.
- Strong proactive work ethic with a desire for innovation and to add value at each step of the business process
- You will need to put in hours sometimes out of normal work time, be flexible in your approach to business and not be afraid to get your hands dirty! (some physical work is required)
- ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work with limited direct management but still work to the highest quality
- Demonstrated experience in account / relationship management
- Ability to prioritise workload to deliver within short time frames across several projects
- Take responsibility for delivering agreed level of activity within deadlines
- Ability to present yourself in a confident and professional manner in a high-pressured environment
- Broad marketing & brand communications experience especially in delivery
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating & managing partner relationships
- Ability to be able to work in a sports change management environment
- Organisation & Flexibility – strong project management skills, time management skills & ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong business acumen – ability to make good decisions quickly
- Analytical & Innovative – ability to analyse business requirements & propose innovative solutions
- Articulate – strong verbal & written communication skills with experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word & Excel)
- Teamwork – strong collaborative/inclusive approach to problem solving
- Ambitious to make a difference for the benefit of the club, partners and their professional career
- Detail orientated
- Creative thinking
- Knowledge of and passionate for the sports industry
To apply: All applications must be received through Seek here.
Applications will be reviewed as received.
The club receives applications every week for work experience but it is rare for the club to be able to offer work experience to fans and members of the public.
If you would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the club will keep all details on record should an opportunity arise.