Wellington Phoenix Football Academy Trial Day - 21 September
Register now for the next WPFA Trial Day: Sunday 21 September 2014 at Scots College, Wellington.
The Wellington Phoenix Football Club is New Zealand’s only professional football club and competes in the Hyundai A-League.
The Club is an important and integral part of New Zealand’s sporting landscape, enjoying passionate support from all over New Zealand and the world.
The Wellington Phoenix Football Club is committed to the development of talented young footballers. The Wellington Phoenix Football Academy (WPFA) offers a programme that brings education and football together in an inspirational and creative environment. The Academy’s training base is at Scots College in Strathmore, Wellington, New Zealand.
The programme focuses on providing a tailored programme and environment for each member to maximise their football and academic potential. The well-being of the footballer is prioritised to ensure on-going success, with future pathway options at the forefront of each individualised programme.
The WPFA accepts New Zealand and International footballers with membership of the Academy revised yearly in line with sport and academic performance targets. There are weekly, full-time and full-time residential programmes available to enable each participant maximal opportunity to reach their goals.
At a Glance
- The Wellington Phoenix Football Academy is based in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Students are accepted only after a trial. Trials are held throughout the year as Weekly Programmes and will be publicised on the Wellington Phoenix website.
- All applications for both the Academy and Weekly Programmes must be on this WPFA Trial Application Form
- Scots College is the primary partner and training venue for the Academy, but attendance at Scots is not a prerequisite for the programme. Other schooling options are available and the Academy will work with students individually to build the best education option
The WPFA Trial for Sunday September 21st is now FULL. Over 50 players have committed to the trial day. Thank you.
For more information or enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WPFA will be running a Trial Day on Sunday 21 September 2014, at Scots College, 1 Monorgan Road, Strathmore, Wellington.
The Trial Day allows WPFA to evaluate the players and assess their possible inclusion in our full-time Academy which is based at Scots College in Wellington.
The Trial Day will test the players, technical and tactical skills and base fitness. The Trial Day will also provide the players an overview of how the elite professional-level environment at WPFA operates.
Please note there will be no feedback given and trials are closed to the public.
Players and parents please note the following:
- Players to be eligible to trial must be aged 12 to 16
- Players must arrange and meet their own transport costs for the Trial Day
- Players need to be dropped off at Scots College at 9.30am and be picked up at 3.15pm
- Players need to bring their own packed lunch and water bottle
- Players will need to arrive in their kit with boots, trainers and shin pads
When players arrive at Scots College please drop them off in the car park immediately to your left as you drive in the main gates, this will also be the pick-up point at 3.15pm.