To launch the start of our second decade in style Wellington Phoenix are giving one lucky fan the chance to win $100,000.
Starting this Sunday 8 October with our opening Hyundai A-League match against Adelaide United, Phoenix are introducing the 100K Crossbar Challenge.
One person. One shot. $100K.
Simply purchase a Crossbar Challenge T-shirt (RRP $25+GST) available from Football Central, the Wellington Phoenix online store and on game day from the Official Phoenix Shop located at Aisle 23 at Westpac Stadium to be eligible to enter.
One lucky supporter wearing the T-shirt will be randomly selected from the crowd to participate in the Crossbar Challenge at half-time and has one shot to strike the crossbar from half-way.
If unsuccessful, the contestant will be allowed to try for $500 from the edge of the goal box, courtesy of JackMac insurance brokers.
The Crossbar Challenge will be run across five home games during the season, or until the challenge is won, so buy your T-shirt ahead of the first game to maximise your chances on being selected.
As an additional promotion for the first game, all footballs kicked into the crowd during the match can be kept by fans as a very special keepsake.
T-shirts are available online on Thursday from phoenixshop.co.nz, in-store from official retail and branding partner Football Central (Level 1, 133 Tory St, Top of Tory) from Friday and at the Official Phoenix Shop located at Aisle 23 at Westpac Stadium on game day.
Come cheer on Phoenix to win big, and win even bigger yourself!
Terms and Conditions
- By wearing an official “Crossbar Challenge” T-shirt at any of the matches listed below, the participant will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- The competition will only be held at five select 2017/18 Hyundai A-League Regular Season home matches (or until the prize is won – whichever is sooner). For the avoidance of doubt, the competition will not run at every match. Welnix LP (“the Phoenix”) will publicise in advance the matches where the competition will be held.For the avoidance of doubt if the prize is won during one of the eligible matches – the competition has finished and will not be held at any subsequent match.
- By participating the winner agrees to his/her name being published in any media, and to be photographed and/or interviewed by Welnix LP (“the Phoenix”) and that the Phoenix may use his/her name and such photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
- The participant must be wearing an official ‘’Crossbar Challenge’’ T-shirt.
- The participant will be randomly selected based on seat location by a Phoenix staff member from those wearing an official ‘’Crossbar Challenge’’ T-shirt and in attendance at the match.
- The participant has only one attempt to hit the crossbar with the ball. No ‘warm up’ attempts or practice attempts will be allowed.
- The crossbar is the horizontal beam at the top of the two posts.
- A standard Hyundai A-League regulation goal is to be used, and not moved from its usual position during the Hyundai A-League match.
- The ball must hit some part of the crossbar on the full. If the ball touches either the ground, a person, or any other object (including any other part of the goal, i.e. goal posts, goal netting etc) other than the crossbar, after being kicked and before hitting the crossbar, the attempt is not successful.
- The attempt must be from the half-way line at the game. Part of the ball must be touching the halfway line. The ball must be kicked once from the ground.
- A standard Hyundai A-League size 5 football will be used, and provided by the Phoenix.
- The attempt will be videoed for confirmation and the cameras to be positioned such that they can see the participant kick the ball, view the flight of the ball, and verify that a successful attempt has been made, should this occur.
- Payment is subject to acceptance by the insurers of a successful attempt.
- The decision of the Phoenix in relation to any aspect of this competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Phoenix and its employees will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs (for instance incurred in attempting to win the prize) or any injury whatsoever suffered by an entrant as a result of or in connection with the promotion, including any inability to enter, complete or continue the competition or giveaway due to equipment or technical malfunction.
- Employees and contractors of the Phoenix, including any player contracted or playing for the Phoenix Hyundai A-League team or the Phoenix ISPS Handa Premiership team (and their families) are not eligible to enter this promotion.
- The Phoenix reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating at its sole discretion. The Phoenix also reserve the right to refuse to award a prize to a participant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating or won by using fraudulent means.
- The Phoenix reserve the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole discretion, including extending, postponing, or cancelling the promotion.
- Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Phoenix and Football Central will not be liable for any refund for any purchase of a “Crossbar Challenge” T-shirt.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.
At A Glance
Wellington Phoenix v Adelaide United
Sunday 8 October, 5pm kick off